Sunday, 17 December 2006

These days I only get out of bed for champagne!


Today has been my first full day out of PJs!!!! I have been to the wedding of my friend Josie and it was definitely worth getting out of bed for (she looked beautiful, had a wonderful dress, a wonderful day and fantastic food). I had a few "medicinal" glasses of champagne.... which I have read with eagerness is apparently fantastic during chemotherapy - this may be a myth perpetuated by chemo patients but it is definitely one I am willing to investigate.... I think it has something to do with your tastes changing during chemo so you go off red wine and prefer the finer things in life, such as champagne.... it may also be something to do with the bubbles... I think this subject is something I will be looking into with further scrutiny.
Anyway, I have been really chuffed that I was able to get into a dress - swelling and dressings included. All in all I have had a great day - I think the fact that I was seated on a sofa with big cushions during the meal might have helped somewhat. I think I am now ready to start easing myself back into society.... but just for now I am back in the PJs.

4 comments:

The Knit Nurse said...

Into a dress and looking gorgeous as usual. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Really can't beat the PJs though. :)

Anonymous said...

All still 'fingers crossed' for you but... betroot and champers? Don't tell us the combined effects - too much information. Keep working on the arm movement, enough for a few rounds of Uno. Tic-Toc (Mark) reeaally like Uno.

Love M

Anonymous said...

Not sure if your arm will cope with it, but a great website to pass the time is www.lilgames.com I spend hours on it when I'm supposed to be working, and can particularly recommend shanghai dynasty!

Glad to see you're doing well, and champagne is definitely a good way forward!

Jo x

Anonymous said...

I prescribe one glass of finest champagne daily (to start immediately). A well-know aide to recovery in the medical world. Once in remission, this medication should be continued indefinitely to obtain maximum benefit from it's therapeutic effects. Suz x

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)