Yay! I have reached the end of my first cycle. And it ain't that bad..... well, I can say that now because I am feeling normal and so it's easy to forget how poo I felt!
My first cycle was spent with the first week incapacitated with sickness and side effects - going downstairs to the sofa was about my limit.
The second week was up (although not necessarily dressed) and pottering around the house and down to the village shop (that part was obviously dressed!). Looking back I really wasn't quite right and all I could describe it as was "fuggy in the head".
The third week was Dawn back-to-normal week and I was able to get out and about.
However, I have learnt a valuable lesson about getting a bit over-excited by my new found energy and I should not try to do too much in one go. I spent 2 days at work last week bounding around seeing everyone I could... only to then collapse and have to go back to bed for a few days. Little and often is the way forward I think.
The difficult part was trying to cope with not achieving anything and being at home for a lot of time. However, I have managed to get through it thanks to the help of a few important friends and my wonderful husband (he is so fantastic - have I told everyone that??? he looks after me so well while still dealing with a full workload - I couldn't ask for anything more).
So it's back into the hospital tomorrow to get another dose of the toxic stuff and then just getting ourselves home ready for the battle to begin. One more dose closer to the finish line I suppose.
Monday, 29 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
All the best for Tuesday. love you loads. Ang loves the hats & wigs. Chris & Ang
Hi Dawn, All the best for today. Have you tested the effects of dope on reliving the side effects of the chemo ? It is rumoured to be effective in stopping sickness, I feel that some research may need to be done in this very important area. Let me know if you want me to start baking, I can do you some great cookies.... Love, Gab and Steve
Post a Comment