
So, back again tomorrow. I have been trying not to think about it really so that I don't get myself apprehensive and hopefully avoid the anticipation nausea which I had last time. Usual drill, in for 10am... a bit of sitting around in the waiting room... a chat with the nurse to discuss my side effects... TOXIC injection.. and home to batten down the hatches. I am armed with pocket magnetic travel scrabble to distract James and I while we are there. I am thinking of going in with the hat/wig combination shown here (the clinic nurses haven't seen me wigged up yet so I think that will be my choice - although it can all change)
This will be my last dose of the Epirubicin/cyclophosphamide combination before I switch onto a whole different chemo drug (not looking forward to that... I know what I am in for with these ones now and it could be a whole different kettle of fish on the new one - so I will have to start a new Cack-o-Graph!!).
I went this morning and had my blood tests done so hopefully my body will have recovered enough to take the hit (if my cell levels haven't picked back up enough they would have to delay my chemo so I always will my body on just before my tests). I have just received my Tesco online delivery of supplies to keep us going with food for a while and have lots of fruit juices, smoothies and soups for vitamins and fluids which I need to make sure I take on board. James has lager. So we are ready!!!


4 comments:
Glad you had a lovely weekend, best wishes for tomorrow. Love you loads. Chris & Angie. XXXX
Good luck tomorrow. Don't let Jim get the tripple word scores! x
Hey Dawn, you're probably sat in hospital having the dreaded injection as I write. Hope all went ok, and that beating James at scrabble was a decent distraction!
Love Jo xx
Hi hon
I had the anticiatory nausea too & my aromatherapist gave me some peppermint oil to siff... whether it was psychological or not it did the trick for me!!
S xx
Post a Comment