I am feeling relatively free of side effects at the moment (although I don't know how my immune system is doing and whether it is back to normal so I am still being a bit careful and on the look out for signs of infection). I think a new measure of how well I am doing could be the "have I put on make-up today?" test. Today I started wearing make up again and have even matched my eye colour to my clothes so I must be feeling well. However one thing I am coming to realise is that things can all change very quickly when on chemo.
Another thing to report is that I am growing hair on my head! I have now got the softest lightest baby fluff covering it. It catches the light and glistens white which gives me a sort of halo-like look.
I am still a bit deflated after loosing out on 4 days last week due to my hospital admission. I guess these days I build up the occasions I get for a bit of serious socialising, and therefore have a lot further to fall when I don't get to do them. But, I have to stop dwelling on that and look to the next thing.... hopefully if this chemo leaves me feeling a bit brighter I can make the most of the sunny days that are coming.


6 comments:
Hello sweetie!
You look great in this pic: is this the wedding outfit you were talking about? Hope you will enjoy the sun in your yard. Like the sound of your halo by the way...
And:
Oi! You white blood cells: up, up, up you go!!
Love, Han
he he, no that isn't the wedding outfit... that is my supermarket outfit. I wanted to wear a skirt and was limited in what fits me these days, so it was slightly over the top for a quick trip to Booths. ha ha!
Dawn
Only a true pro matches her eyeshadow to her outfit for a trip to the supermarket......Im very impressed!
Cassie
Hi Dawn,
I am so glad to hear you are feeling back to 'normal' again. The blonde. hair looks really cool too!
love marianne
looking fab - hoping you might burst into a chorus of "look at me I'm Sandra Dee" shall we wait for the skin tight cat suit to come out??
Glad to hear you're feeling better - are you going into competion with Kelly in the hair stakes?
Keep enjoying the sunshine...
Lots of love, hugs and kisses
Sue, Ian & Kelly x
Yay, the Pants-o-gram is picking up :) What colour eyeshadow are you modelling today? Be careful not to sunburn your head in all this sunshine ;)
xx
Post a Comment