Tuesday, 10 April 2007

Taxotere day 7

well, this is a bit new.... again, I don't want to speak too soon as it is my first one.......

But, I do feel a lot better on this drug so far. It's now day 7, however, I don't have my usual slow, spaced-out-ness usual for this time of the cycle and I would go so far as to say it feels like week 3 already.

However, its never all that simple.
Good points; Clear head and more energy
Bad points; mouth ulcers and oral fungal/yeast infections. blugh. That makes it very difficult to swallow and taste (chocolate doesn't do anything for me at the moment). My finger tips are also ever-so-slightly numb and the beds of my nails are a little sore when I do things.

So, all in all it has been a very quiet Easter with my little dip in energy coinciding with the sunniest day of the weekend, but I did put myself out on a reclining chair for a nap in the sun so it wasn't all bad. Although at the time when my limbs were too lazy to get me out of bed for the day or I was having trouble eating due to my horrid mouth, then I felt a bit sorry for myself, but as it passed so quickly I can practically ignore it. (The mouth is still to clear up but I am off to the GP's for a bit of help this afternoon)

Here's hoping I keep going from strength to strength.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All our love as usual. You're doing great. Chris & Angie

Anonymous said...

Doh! Can't taste Chocolate at the chocolatest time of the year. I can show solidarity though on this issue (yukky US choc - and they don't seem to do the big hollow eggs) so when we finally meet we'll pig out on choc.

Glad you're feeling so well so early in the cycle!

Rob W

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady,
I hear your neutrophils have been a bit down in the dumps. Hope they sort themselves out soon. Tell them to perk their ideas up.

Hope you're still feeling okay in yourself,

SK xx

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)