Wednesday, 16 May 2007

And today?

Feeling perky today and I am up and pottering about.

I do feel like another person on this drug. Looking back now, on the other side of EC, I can see what a zombie I was during that half of my treatment.

Yesterday, on the morning before going for my chemo, I felt great. I even got comments in the village shops about how much better I was looking these days and a man who I passed on the road even said I looked like I was having a good power-walk. Gave me a real buzz.
I went into chemo on a mega high and made all the nurses stroke and admire my new hair.

This hair is a constant source of amusement; my one or 2 mm have now styled themselves into a new Mohican style which is quite amusing, the colour looks pretty similar to my old hair.. with slightly longer tufts sprouting in a lighter colour throughout the Mohican - I must try and get a photo. This new hair growth caught me quite by surprise and so I have no photos of me bald. Feel a bit miffed with myself because I quite wanted to document every stage, ho humm.

Anyway, my oncologist is going to try and reduce my steroids over the next few weeks. The eye problems I have been getting can be a side effect of the high-dose steroids. I have been getting over double the amount of steroids around chemo day on this regime compared to when it is given every 3 weeks, and I have to have them every week as opposed to one in 3. So, yes please have a go at dropping them down.

Anyway, I am going to try and make the most of feeling perky today because I expect the next 2 days I will have a little lull, if previous experience is to go by.

5 comments:

dr pink said...

Sounds like you live in such a nice village. :)
Hope you are still feeling perky :)

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the designer Mohican.

take care

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,

Glad to hear you are feeling perky today and doing a bit of power walking too. The new hair sounds great, especially the mohican style - please can we have a photo!
lots of love marianne xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing really well Dawn, and the end of all this treatment is definitely more and more clearly in sight. Let's see a photo of your baby tufts!
Lots of love, Jo xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better,Dawn.
Allour love as usual. Chris & Angie

Anonymous said...

oh dear. doesn't sound like you're going to be blonde. Jo will breathe a sigh of relief. What are you doing at the weekend. I will probably mow my lawn, how sad. If you are free you can come and watch. I may even have a bonfire. yipee!!!

Mark

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)