Monday, 14 May 2007

Because you're worth it.

Cancer is in the news again (but then again, it always is).
Today's news is reporting fears that the NHS may not be able to afford new generation cancer drugs. They say cancer patients may soon have to pay for their own drugs, and cancer drugs are very expensive.
I am sure everyone wonders why people facing death don't scrimp, save and beg for the money to buy the drugs themselves... unfortunately, I don't think it works that way; if you buy one part of your treatment then you have to pay for every part. I guess the NHS can't be a pay-as-you-go thing. So the small £5000 for my Taxol, for example, would be all well and good... but I couldn't just stop there and would have to fund everything privately.
As far as I can tell I am getting all that I possibly need on the NHS right now. It might not always be the case... if I get secondaries (which I am not going to), I would need to go through treatment again (and would need to have different drugs to the ones I have already had), then I might require a drug that NICE haven't agreed. Then what.... scary territory.

Anyway, I seem to have got all serious and be talking about the news - that will never do!!!!!

Today I have planted some spinach in my garden and put down some slug pellets.
Normality resumed.

No comments:

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)