Wednesday, 2 May 2007

Let's try afresh..

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to chemo we go (it's an early start tomorrow; in for 9:15).

Yay... I am determined that it's going to go off without any blubbing (frankly it ain't a chemo clinic if my face doesn't leak at some point... even when I am usually in on a high-chat-fest with all the nurses I can still manage to squeeze out a few tears (it's a good job they flush me out with saline that's for sure)).

Had the fatigue hit again today. Don't worry this isn't me about to post a "oh woe is me, I am so fatigued" post, as I am still happy, happy sunshine Dawn. But as this is my only record of things through chemo I am going to try to document all the trials and tribulations of a chemo journey.. so it could get tedious when I start talking about my indigestion!!! - apologies.
I did the pre-chemo Morrison's shop today but with one-thing-and-another I was out for over 3 hours in the end (slow chemo brain makes making food decisions very amusing).

Fatigue hit as I was approaching the check out. Fatigue is funny. It's just a word and it is so hard to know what it means as I am sure it encompasses a whole range of feelings. For me I suddenly felt bushed and achy. It became a massive struggle to load up the shopping onto the conveyor and I even put my head down on the trolley handlebars (or whatever you call them) for a tiny seconds shut eye and to take the weight from my lower back that killed. I must have looked ridiculous - but frankly darling, I didn't give a damn. I had to only pack a few jars into each bag so I could lift them into the trolley... and when I got to loading up the car it suddenly dawned on me that I was making audible Wimbledon-tennis-player noises each time I picked a bag into the car!!!! A quick look around showed only a handful of OAP's, so to avoid any confusion that I might just be a weirdo, I whipped off the hat and continued the task bald, safe in the knowledge that I had an excuse :D

I must admit, I readily use the bald head for many occasions. I once needed the loo desperately, so I nipped into a charity shop but they only had a staff loo which they couldn't let me use. Cue the chemo excuse about really needing to go...... have I no shame!!!

Oh, and last night I washed my hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used baby shampoo and got up a lovely lather as opposed to just washing my head. I didn't think I was attached to my hair and took ever so quickly to baldness and was really comfy with it..... but having a fuzz covering is just sooooo exciting, oooh it must be a good few millimeters now ;-D Apologies to everyone who I have made stroke my soft, soft head over the last few days :-D

Right enough babbling. I am going to try for an early night (if the steroids let me). Despite my body being a bit bushed I am feeling quite clear headed and pretty well actually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blog gave us a chuckle sweetie, all the very best for tomorrow. Love you loads, Chris & Angie

Anonymous said...

Hello mate,
I must say it did make me smile somewhat with the mental image of you doing large grunting noises and scaring old ladies in the supermarket carparking lot!
And to be honest darling....if you have to go through all this then you may as well make the best of it and use it as an excuse anytime you like to get to any loo.... :)

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)