YAY! Today's chemo clinic was a breeze and all went well, so far - so good.
We were in for 9:15 but nothing happens until gone 10:30 so lots of time for magazine reading. Bloods were all okay to go.
Into the chair and nurse Martin found a vein up my arm with the first stab! hooray. (I had wrapped up nice and warm to give them the best hope and a nice hot heat pack worked a treat).
I was administered steroids, anti-histamine and anti-allergy cocktail and given 30 minutes for this to work and then on with the Taxol. Very slowly at first and it was hard not to be slightly apprehensive, but nothing adverse happened so HORRAH! With a little increase in tempo of the IV I was done in 1hr30min and after a bit of a flush with saline they let me go.
No blubbing. Even nurse Shanti commented that I'd had a good one with no tears - I slightly exaggerated on the last post... I have had one or two clinics without tears and they are only a slight temporary leakage from the eyes rather than full blubbing... but enough to build up a reputation obviously.
Excitement of today's clinics... we had ice-lollies as well as sarnies!!!
So, now they are fast tracking me in for 5days as opposed to 7d for my first one to try and get me back onto Tuesday's. I guess we now wait and see what happens with that chemo as it was my second encounter with drug/carrier fluid that caused my last allergic reaction. But, I think this is a positive enough step to now go and update my dates on my plan of attack and create a new graph.
So far feeling fine... on sofa and prepared to snooze and take some basic anti-sickness meds just in case, but I have come home with very few pills to pop on this chemo.
Thursday, 3 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yay, really glad to hear it went ok! Fingers crossed you stay well for the next one :) xx
Yey! I had my fingers crossed for you, so really pleased it went well.
Hope the sunshine lasts to keep you feeling bouyant.
ZS xx
So pleased to hear you're back on track with the chemo - hope all is still well.
Have a relaxing weekend
Marianne
XX
Glad the chemo was allergy free. Hope you're still feeling good.
Can you please explain the poo-o-meter. What do the stripy bars and symbols mean.
Hxx
Post a Comment