
Well, today is a good day.
I must admit I have been a little bit lower than usual over the last few days both physically feeling really yucky (must be steroids or something) and mentally too; couldn't quite help feeling like things have been a little "set-back".
However, today is a whole different kettle of fish and I think it may have something to do with the sunny, sunny weather and the fact that I have been sitting out in my little garden with a nice large Gin&Tonic. Things just seem a little bit easier when the weather is nice.
Despite being 4 weeks since my last chemo I cannot really say I have felt normal again just yet. Yesterday for example, I drove over to Leeds... pottered lazily round a few shops... met Moira for lunch and the work lot for an afternoon coffee; no problem. However, by the time I got home at 5pm it was all I could do to drag myself through the door, up the stairs, pop a few painkillers for headaches and fall asleep for 1 1/2 hours. Now, that is hardly normal now is it??? I am fine when I try the little things in life (like today going for a walk to our local village castle [as seen on Grand Designs] via the village shop and an ice cream!!! now that's do-able!), but every-so-often things remind me I am on chemo and I just have to take the pace down a little.
But not today. Today is a Gin and Tonic day (just the one - I have my pre-chemo bloods tomorrow and I don't want my liver to start putting it's foot into things). Today life is pretty good :D


4 comments:
Cheers! Hopefully tomorrow will go well. May many G&T's follow!
X Han
OOh, there's another Han??? Steroids do funny things to you. Plus you've got to grown back all those normal calls that got damaged by the chemo. No wonder you're tired.
Hope things go well with your bloods and the new drugs. xx
Hi Dawn,
yes - definitely got my fingers and toes crossed for you for tomorrow! Can't say I'm a gin fan, but it sounds very appealing when combined with a nice sunny sit in the garden!! :-)
Em xxx
I am a firm believer that Gin makes the world a better place :)
Post a Comment