Oh so nearly there... I am slowly crawling my way through the days until I can say I am out the other side of the chemo drugs. My body is struggling slightly but I will get there :-D By this time in a week-or-so things should hopefully be on the up.
I am quite looking forward to the milestone of having my last chemo dose on Tuesday (just shy of 6 months worth). Another side of me is slightly apprehensive to finish treatment because I like the idea that I am nuke-ing any cancer cells that might be out there in my body at the moment and I don't really want to leave them to their own devices. I will also miss all the lovely chemo staff too - I have got quite used to seeing them every week.
It is so strange to reach this point - it seemed such a far and distant point when I set out at the start and I could hardly contemplate getting to the end. But in a weird way it has flown by!
I think it is also about time I get a photo of my new hair growth, so I will get onto that for posting pronto :-D I think a little bit of a wave is starting to set in... it certainly has reached the length where it can stick up if I sleep on it the wrong way and often has a crazy mind of it's own (as much as a cm or so of hair can).
Saturday, 23 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
All the best for tomorrow Dawn - and see you soon.
XX
Good luck for tomorrow, You've come a long way. All our love Chris & Angie
Hi Dawn! Josie mentioned you were going to be going out to celebrate your last chemo, I am so pleased to hear it. I know you only go out for champagne, so I presume there will be some on the menu?!. Your blog site is bloody brilliant and an inspiration to everyone (even non-scientists like me!). Positivity is one of the few things that can't be bought at the supermarket unfortunately so I suggest everyone just logs in to your blog for a dose. Best of luck with the next stage. We'll be up to see Josie in September so hope we can see you then, love, Cath (Josie's middle sis) x
Hey Cath!
Thanks hon. Sadly the celebrations will be low key for now (I have had a fish and chip supper does that count?? - I am writing this Tue evening post chemo) but come the end of treatment I will have a big ole party in September.
Would love to get together and relive the "Foxxy" moments sometime!!!
Dawnxx
Post a Comment