Monday, 20 August 2007

Weddings and dancing.

I popped my first tamoxifen last night, and as expected, I am none-the-wiser I took it. What a chicken I was!!!

I have also been to a wedding this weekend. I have to confess to having a jolly big blub in the church. I was just thinking how lovely the bride looked walking down the isle and how it was a year since I was doing it and how at that point we didn't know what was to come around the corner and then... bam.... my eyes started leaking all over the place. Luckily that sort of thing is completely allowed at weddings and I got it relatively under control and was able to sit back and enjoy the rest of the service which was lovely. Thankfully my eyelashes are also not yet long enough to really benefit from mascara so I didn't have to worry about that running all over the place. Later on there was a ceilidh and I even got up and did 2 dances with my new found energy (one of them being with a 6 year old boy as my partner so I didn't need to worry about over exerting myself).

I am off for my bone scan on Wednesday which means going in for an injection of radioactive tracer in the morning and then waiting 3 hours for it to be taken up into my bones before going back for the scan later that afternoon. I think I will take doctors orders during this time to go and do a little bit of shopping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn!
Don't worry you weren't the only one blubbing. Trying to hold it all in gave me a very blotchy face just in time for the photos. And as far as exerting yourself dancing goes, Ed has pulled a muscle in his shoulder flinging himself about with Cat!
Love Kay xx

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hope the bone scan went ok!
Love Sarah M xx

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)