Tuesday, 14 August 2007

It's the little things in life...

.... like hearing the words;

"The CT results are back. Your lungs look normal, your liver looks normal, there are no enlarged lymph glands to worry about"

that can really put a smile on your face :)

I still have a bone scan to go on the 22nd August. But all being well, the oncologists has told me to go away and they will see me again in 6 months!

I have also made the decision on the next stage of treatment. I have decided (and the oncologist agreed) that taking Zoladex to shut down my ovaries and put myself through an early, prolonged menopause was going a bit far. I will therefore start taking tamoxifen tablets and see how I tolerate it, if I tolerate it well then I might as well keep taking them. If I don't tolerate it well then I don't have to feel bad about deciding it isn't for me and stop taking it. Sounds fair to me!

p.s to all my work folk, I was well chuffed that during today's appointment I managed to discuss clonal selection with my oncologist!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, thats fantastic news....
I haven't made many comments on your site but I have been reading avidly since day 1 and thinking about you.
Its great that all this horrendous treatment has had the desired effect. So pleased for you xx
Ruth C

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)