Friday, 10 August 2007

Scanned.

That's the CT scan done and dusted.

Thankfully I didn't know before hand that a cannula was going to be involved or I might not have breezed in so carefree.... but despite the nurse saying that she could see it was a well-used vein and a bit on the tough side (cheeky!), there were no problems hooking me up.
I had to drink a jug full of nasty tasting liquid during the 30 minutes before the scan, even blackcurrant squash didn't make it taste nice.
I also had to get injected with a radioactive tracer... the nurse told me that I might get hot and flushed and feel like I had wet myself, but that was completely natural!!!!!! what on earth!!!! but when the injection happened - I suppose I could see what she meant.

Then it was just on a table which moved back and forward through the big spinny machine (good scientific term hey!) and I had to breathe in, breathe out, breathe in... hold it..... hold it.......hold it.... breathe out. And that was pretty much it. Well, apart from the radioactive pee that I probably have now :D

Things are still feeling good. My red patch is real sore now :( If I stretch up to quick it is quite painful and feels like I am splitting the skin, which is not nice. Quick grab the tube of aqueous cream and slather it on.
I also am a little miffed that I thought aches would be a thing of the past now free of the Taxol. However, this week I have felt a little like I have been six rounds in the boxing ring. Mainly the small of my back aches like I have been really sitting wrong and despite not having the energy to do much my muslces are convinced I have been doing squats and crunches. If only I looked as though I had been doing squats and crunches....

1 comment:

Jo said...

Aha - the talking giant polo scan. Remember it well! That drink is YUK isn't it?

Hope the results are quick and good.

Jo x

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)