Thursday, 6 September 2007

So Excited!

Oh, I am so excited I can hardly sit still. I really can't - and as for sleeping I am far too excited to do that at the moment.

Why am I so excited? because I am going to have an end-of-treatment party (if you haven't had an invite - get in touch!). It is hopefully going to be a huge turning point for me; I will have a party, go for the final push on the R&R on holiday in Corfu and then be totally ready to put the last year behind me and start a new phase and get back to work. Hoorah! I really have needed to take these few extra weeks after finishing radiotherapy to build up my confidence that I can do normal things again and have the energy to survive them. Now I am ready to move on!

Tamoxifen is still going fine. I definitely am suffering with joint aches and stiffness from the tablets... i.e in the little joints of my toes and fingers and mainly my knees - but that I can cope with now that I have some energy back (with a little help from strong pain killers to help me sleep at night).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi dawn,
Very much looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Fingers crossed for great weather (although will definitely be bringing a coat!)
Lots of love
marianne xx

Anonymous said...

Hoorah!! Party! Party! It will be great to see you this weekend. Hope the Tamox...something won't hurt you too much so we can do some outrageous dancing to celebrate!!

Love, Hanneke

Anonymous said...

hey luvvie hop[e u enjoy your party :o) xxxx
nic

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)