My second day back at work went just as swimmingly as the first. I am doing 2 days a week 9:30-4pm. It really felt like normality may be returning and I felt able to concentrate surprisingly well on the job in hand. I am almost chomping-at-the-bit to get back in and start increasing my hours, which I have to admit surprises even myself as just a mere few weeks ago I was a tad scared about how I was going to manage..... but I have come on leaps-and-bounds since then. I appreciate that it is early days yet and the novelty may well wear off and tiredness may get harder to deal with. I am very tired during the evenings after being in work, but it's a good tired - a tiredness borne out of doing something productive not just because of an illness - which is fab.
This week I have also done my first exercise class; an evening aqua aerobics class. I managed pretty well (although I did mainly bob up and down in the water for the whole time rather than doing much in the way of exercise). My arm has also been left quite weedy after surgery and I struggled to push the floats down under the water and therefore I did it using my own hands as just enough resistance for now :D
It's such a nice thing being able to go swimming again. I was advised against it during chemotherapy due to all the nasty little bugs I could come into contact with while my immune system was low. Then during and after radiotherapy the chlorine could have upset my skin. SO finally during my holiday I got out there and swam in the pool and in the sea and it made me really quite happy.
Friday, 5 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment