What am I babbling on about.... this;
That's Me!!!!!
My local Macmillan centre contacted me earlier in the week to see if they could put my name forward to the Macmillan press office to kick start a new campaign they are launching this week. The campaign is to highlight issues affecting working and cancer and because I had always said my work were very supportive they thought of me! They said it helps to have a "face" to put to the story and it would help exposure for the charities campaign if I could give an interview. I didn't realise when I said yes it was to go on the telly! Yikes! they wanted to interview me for the 6 o'clock news! However, these things move quickly and next minute they chose another feature. Boo, I quite wanted to go on the telly after all. However, the Yorkshire Post contacted me instead and asked to talk to me. So I did, and here is the result; Page 11 of the Yorkshire Post.
You can read all about me at; http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/features/The-cancer-patients-who-face.3507056.jp
I am just off down the newsagents to buy a few copies.


5 comments:
Congratulations on your new found fame and well done for saying yes to being interviewed - shame you didn't make it onto the telly. Maybe next time the cover of Vogue!
love Marianne x
Does this count as a publication?
hope to see you soon.
Leigh
oooh, can I have your autograph before you get too famous?!
ZS
Ooh how exciting! Remember we were your friends before you became famous ;) xxx
wow! fame at last! you never know, look north may come back to you....
Sarah Fx
Post a Comment