Friday, 16 May 2008

Selling Out

Well, I’ve gone and proved I will do anything in the name of charity. I’ve only gone and sold my BC-story to a well known celebrity gossip magazine, oh the shame!

Why have I done this, well I have 3 reasons;
1. Breakthrough breast cancer contacted me and wanted someone to speak to the media about their story and to raise awareness of breast cancer in younger women (a very worthwhile reason and if it encourages girls who find a lump to get it sorted then it’s a very good thing!)
2. By doing the article I would help promote Breakthrough’s 5K charity walk to raise all important funds (again, an important cause).
3. I would get a nice wadge of cash that I could donate to charity and give myself a warm fuzzy feeling (I am thinking Breast Cancer Care or the Willow Foundation - I will not look at shoes!!!!!)

I am not going to tell you when it will be or which celebrity gossip magazine (apart from it’s definitely at the trashier end!) because I would rather you all didn't look at it. But, I have decided that letting you all in on why I have done it is probably better than you all coming across it out of the blue. So if you are ever in a doctors waiting room or on a train journey with a magazine and you come across me in an article sandwiched between;

Jordan's big botched boob job”

and

“My husband ran off with my sister-in-law’s-best-friend's-granny”

do please remember the 3 very commendable reasons above!

Oh, and remember, although it’s going to be written in the First Person, I won’t have written it! The freelance writer is going to do that after we have a “phone interview”..... I can just see it now ...“Dawn was only 29 and on her honeymoon when disaster struck and she found the lump that was going to change her life for ever……”. So that's it for me now and being the new face of breast cancer. I am going to be like one of those models who can’t be taken seriously because they once did a glamour shoot – there goes my high-brow media darling career flying out of the window.

Anyway, I better go – I have to go and fill out the application form for the Jeremy Kyle show :-D

5 comments:

The Knit Nurse said...

The media does enough damage in the world, that it's good to hear about it being used for some good. I think it's quite cool anyway.

You sound like you're much fitter than I am these days. Good for you.

I bought some rasps too. They're finally growing. Felt like I proper idiot planting sticks in the ground. Make sure you get some nets to put over to stop the birds eating it all.

Anonymous said...

We wait with bated breathe. Good for you !! Chris & Angie

Anonymous said...

We wait with bated breathe . Good for you. Love Chris & Angie

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I always wondered how people got to be in those magazines! I'm sure it will be fine, and it will get out to the most unreached female group...

Sarah F x

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading it..we get a few gossip magazines over here from the UK so I will check them out when I can.

If it gets a few more of us checking for lumps and bumps then it's all for a good cause.

Take care
x

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)