Tuesday, 23 September 2008

Let the baking commence!

This Friday is Macmillan's "Worlds Biggest Coffee Morning" and my local Robert Ogden centre is taking part. Obviously they will be having a cake stall (as well as a steel band!) and so this week I am going to be miss-domestic-goddess-extraordinaire and have some massive cake baking sessions. I will update the blog with how the baking turns out and how prolific I have managed to be (I have high hopes for reaching record levels of cake baking later this week). So if you are in Leeds on Friday and fancy coming over to the Robert Ogden Centre for coffee and cake to the sounds of a steel band I will be there at 11!

Cake number 1 is already complete; a marzipan fruit cake (care of Nigella) which needed wrapping up for a week (and potentially lacing with rum if I am feeling extravagent) so I thought it would be a good one to get in the bag.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a domestic goddess you are Dawn, you are making me hungry for cake just thinking about it...
Glad to hear that things are going well at the moment, and just loved the pink dress
I think we are having a Macmillan coffe morning here too, so will have to get my apron on!
love marianne

Anonymous said...

Well it makes me wish I WAS in Leeds on Friday!

ZS xx

Me said...

ummmmmm cake number 2 and 3 are under the belt....

a gingerbread and a chocolate banana loaf (which should get better after a day or two of aging).

I have a kitchen full of silver foil parcels ;-D

Me said...

although I must confess the cakes are not entirely as-they-came-out-the-oven intact.

James and I couldn't resist quality controlling the gingerbread.

And yes, it IS GOOD!

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)