Well, James and I have been for our first joint training session. James is planning to do a long-ish run at the weekends and I said in my last post I would get out a bike and join him. So this morning that is exactly what we did.
The weather started off looking quite promising. No rain yet (that was soon to change). So we looked out James's bike from the garage, threw it in the back of the Landy and drove over to Gargrave to run/bike along the Leeds-Liverpool canal tow path.
If James was running and I was biking, where does the swimming part of the triathlon come in I hear you ask? Ah, now that part was all down to me! A slightly misjudged rock on a particularly narrow bit of tow path saw me careering off and landing up to my neck in the (rather chilly) canal. Not entirely sure how I managed to leave the bike safely on the tow path whilst going feet first into the canal, but I did.
I managed to scramble myself out, but did insist at this point that perhaps we turn back. A rather long 30 minutes later I was able to haul a rather wet me into the Landy to go back home, jump into the bath and be brought a warming coffee (+nip of brandy for the shock).
A rather successful first attempt I think.
Saturday, 25 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sounds eventful. A friend of mine told me that he dad once did that in Leicester on his way to work. He was in his work clothes too because he didn't have to go very far. Maybe you should wear a wetsuit next time. :) x
Post a Comment