Day 5 - Wednesday - Dubrovnik.
Today we got off shore and went into the old town of Dubrovnik to walk along the town wall and through the red-roofed streets. Dubrovnik was very pretty even on the overcast day we have had today. After a quick beer/coffee we headed back to the ship for lunch (Puttanesca pasta made in front of your very eyes). And some more relaxing for the afternoon before James had to go off to be filmed for the ship's telly. (His first talk is already being looped on the Cunard Insights channel and people are starting to recognise him. What fun!).
So anyway, I have definitely got the hang of this whole cruise thing. It basically is just a big floating restaurant and the excitement is planning what meals you fancy partaking in today. The choices consist of;
Continental breakfast 4am-6:30am
Breakfast 6:30am-11am
Lunch 11am - 2pm
Afternoon Snack 2-6pm
Dinner 8:30 pm
Late snack 11pm-4am
add onto that the possibilities of getting a pub lunch or room service at any time of the day or night you can start to see why all my posts are revolving around food! Today I have just got back from afternoon tea of a nice cup of Earl Grey tea with chocolate cream eclairs and scones with jam and cream.
Day 4 - Tuesday - Katakolon, Greece.
Day 4 we arrive in Katakolon, Greece. A little tourist village on the coast. James and I decided to let the hoards go off to Olympia and relaxed on board in the Winter Garden with laptop (James) and a book (Dawn).
Just before lunch we went ashore to grab ourselves a Mythos beer before setting sail again mid afternoon. A late lunch meant I missed out the afternoon tea today (it requires so much will power), and to be especially good I attended a Salsa aerobics class so I could have the full 3 courses at this evenings semi-formal dinner. After dinner we caught the comedian giving a show in the theatre.
Tonight was semi-formal - am I getting good at this posing around ship for the camera or what?
We return every night to find our bed turned down and a pillow chocolate left for us.


3 comments:
wow - you're definitely selling the cruise holiday to me!!! And you look right at home - v glam pic of you in front of the ship with your oh so chic neck scarf :-) xxx
That looks amazing. I'm so envious as it has barely got above 0 degrees here and the closest I've got to the sea is the 1 inch strip on the horizon, visible from school. I have been spending a lot of time at exotic locations on the A1. Hope you enjoy the last bit. x
And to think I considered my trip last week to the Christmas markets in Lubeck (Germany) faintly exotic!
Have you got James running around the deck for 30 mins a day, or is marathon training having a holiday too?
You must come and see us, our new house and small boys soon.
SK xx
Post a Comment