Well, it's 2009 now so I had better get started on my new fundraising challenge for this year.
The first steps have been taken. James has started his training and this morning he went for a long-ish training run along the canal. I went too, only this time I was simply a spectator and was in charge of taking a photo of him "in training" so he could set up a a running blog and a fundraising JustGiving site (links to the left).
Now I have to start thinking about the other part of our challenge; fundraising parties and other things. I have a few ideas in mind to start researching and throwing myself into for the new year. James and I are going to throw a big party (pink theme and date to be announced shortly). I quite like the idea of organising some kind of small-ish pink champagne and pampering event. Also, after the success of my macmillan cake making frenzie last year, I have made a contact in the local village coffee morning organising committe and I am thinking a mammoth pink cup-cake baking effort could be on the cards. So first things first I will have to take myself off to a coffee morning one Saturday and find out how these things work. I am also going to get in touch with breast cancer care to get some pink fundraising accessories and collection tins to complement any events I might do.
So I plan to put my best foot forward alongside James and match his effort in this fundraising work.
Saturday, 3 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment