Tuesday, 27 January 2009

My First Pennies!

I have raised my first 20 pounds for Breast Cancer Care! I am so chuffed.

My Carrot cakes went down a storm on Monday, flying off the shelves by 11:30 in the morning. I had some very positive comments, 2 requests for the recipie and many dissapointed faces when I came in empty handed the next day.

Therefore, spurred on by this sucess I knocked up a new batch of Chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing and bought them into work to take to my old department (I have moved levels at work) to taste test on them. These went down equally as well. What's more when I counted up the pennies in my collection tin and worked out what I was getting per cake (market research on pricing you see), despite being different cakes and different groups of people the average pence per cupcake was exactly the same to the nearest penny. Incredible! and I can report it was a very generous amount of pence at that.

I have also had some really enthusiastic feedback about my fundraising and offers of things for my stall and help with the fundraising effort. I am quite touched. I think the bringing cakes to work has plenty of legs in it still and so for the next few weeks I have my little baking projects to focuss on.

No comments:

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)