
Well, this weekend I managed to sweet talk the local lady who runs the craft stall/flea market to let me have a mini practice stall to see if things would sell. Great, I thought. However, when I turned up they were full up of stalls and managed to find me a small bench in a quite side room/corridor and I even had to go get my own table (went home and got our mini occasional coffee table) - not a great start. It didn't much pick up either. As I had laid out my wears on a bench in a corridor-esque room, I felt like a beggar sitting there asking for money as people went by. 10-3pm I sat there. £26.50 I made.
Great you say, and yes £26.50 is fab-a-roony for my charity. But for all day long, I think i may be tempted to stick the money straight in the pot myself. Especially if I had been paying the £10 fee for this privilege!
Ho Hum. On the real thing I will have a stall with pride of place in the busy main room so it should be a lot better. But I will then have to be paying for the table.... £10! I am going to have to weigh this up I think - I have the WI coffee morning the week after this stall and that might be a better place to concentrate my wears. What did go down well was the Seed Cards my friend from work has donated for me. They are great. They have little packets of seeds as part of the card and the picture on the front is what they grow into ... "cards to grow". The little old dears loved them!
Oh well, for the time being I will carry on.
On a Happier note - we have made it past the 50% mark in our fundraising total. You don't know how much I appreciate all the donations that are coming in and the sponsorship for James. Even more so as I don't think I could bake my way to the total all by myself. Thanks. (and don't worry, I won't stop making cakes just cos you sponsored... that will continue till the WI day.)


No comments:
Post a Comment