Monday, 2 February 2009

phew, luckily I didn't bake!

Well, it's a good job I decided to have a week off my baking challenge. Otherwise I would have been chomping my way through 20-40 (depending on how carried away I got) cupcakes because I haven't been able to get into work today due to snow.

So, I have been working from home and I have enjoyed having some time to really get stuck into some thinking for work. Although, I have found half an hour to bake myself a small helping of some chocolate based cake refreshment. I had to - otherwise I might have gone and punched the boy next door. Teenage boy, loud thumping music and trying to concentrate do not go together well. I am much calmer again now and settling down with tea and cake to work some more.

It is also lucky that this cake was "just for me" as being an eager beaver and not being able to wait to get into that chocolate cakey goodness I tried to turn it out of the cake tin too early and left half of it behind. It's not even fit for a picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you fancy trying something a little unusual? I have a recipe for 'Blitz-and-bake Chocolate Beetroot Cake' which I haven't tried yet but am very curious about. It's the new carrot cake, dontcha know!

ZS xx

The Knit Nurse said...

I bet it still tastes the same. Yum!

I used to go and knock on the door of the student flat upstairs and ask them to stop being noisy. It usually worked actually. I must have been quite scary.

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)