This meant by 9am there was an short lull - time enough for me to find a seat and have a cuppa and bacon sarnie (looking slightly shell/wind shocked!!).

Then people all start arriving and I get the team in place while they join in with the warm up ready for our 10:30 start.


Things went off without a hitch. The start all happened to plan, it's all quite fast-paced and I think myself and another Event Assistant organized it to flow OK. There wasn't very long between the last walker going through and the first runner(s) returning so it was all stations manned for the finish funnels. We had one slight incident to deal with when a girl was a little ill in one of the finish funnels.... but the paramedics were there quickly and I radioed the incident in, while cordoning off that finish funnel and opening another emergency line so that the little pile of "illness" could be avoided. Yes I know that doesn't sound a big deal, but I was proud of my quick actions!!!!
Highlight was the gems you get to hear over the team radio's. The unexpected arrival of a horse decked in a pink tutu to run the course prompted a debate on whether horses were allowed!!!! it was only a miniature horse and allowed on the condition they "Pooped and Scooped" their way around the course.
The weather today was damp but no major rain until the packing up of course. And the best best thing - there was no sheep poo!


1 comment:
You star :D
Post a Comment