


Sadly, as the hot ice-cream weather hit I was told I had Gestational Diabetes and to steer clear of cakes and sweets :-(
This now means that I will need a little more monitoring and scans at 28, 30, 34 and 38 weeks to check baby is not growing too big or the amniotic fluid isn't disappearing. I was a bit worried about baby last week because due to holidays I am not being seen by anyone medical to tell me exactly what all this means for another 2-3 weeks... therefore like anyone would I went on the Internet! I only went to websites I thought were reliable like the NHS or Diabetes UK, but obviously all potential problems are listed in one handy place.
However, if I am able to control my blood glucose through diet and exercise fingers crossed it should all go normally. I am going to have to do finger prick monitoring of my blood sugars and see a dietitian to plan my diet so that too much glucose doesn't get through to baby and make it a whopper. I guess it is unlikely that they will let me go over my due date so I expect in 3 months time from now I hope to have a lovely little baby and a big gorge on cake.


No comments:
Post a Comment