Thursday, 30 November 2006

The start of something...

Now, to be honest I've never really understood the point of blogs. That was until now, when I realised that a) I probably will have quite a bit of time on my hands over the next few months and b) I may have friends who would want to know what was happening to me. So i've started my own little blog. I may never come and write here, but then again I might find it very therapeutic. Who knows, we will just wait and see.

2 comments:

Em said...

I think this is a really good idea! Welcome to the world of blogging :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn

Its Jenny here - I have eventually managed to get on and read your blog and its great as I now know everything that has happened since we last spoke. I am so glad your results were as good as they possibly could have been. The lymph nodes clear just completely changes the prognosis and the ostrogen receptor status allows another prong in the attack- wonderful news! Sound decision on the chemo, taxotere is a very effective drug and the gold standard for patients who are fit and healthy.

I too had good news on the 19th. My cancer was entirely DCIS, with no invasive component and all my nodes were clear. It was a whopping great 7cm though, so all the surgery decisions were sound. It wasn't near any skin or muscle margin, so I will not need any radiotherapy or chemotherapy. I am going back to discuss possible tamoxifen treatment to protect the other breast, but as the benefit of this is not entirely clear in my case, this will be something which I will have some say in. They also do not know yet whether it is oestrogen receptor positive, so am awaiting this result. I am recuperating and movement is getting back slowly. I am doing my exercises every day and like walking my hands up the wall as it reminds me how far I am progressing! Stll on pain killers though and think I will be off work for at least 3 months. I am very pleased with the cosmetic result, he has done a marvellous job. I will give you a call the first week in January

Best wishes

Jenny

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)