I have now got my wig ready for the chemo starting. I don't think I am going to put up a picture of it here - I am going to let you all encounter that one in due course. I will just say its nice and subtle!!!! :)
I tried it out for the day in IKEA yesterday and didn't have any small children pointing and starring. I decided to make the most of the chance and have got a colour which it's safe to say I probably couldn't achieve with my own hair (it was quite a difficult experience as they all made me look so washed out and awful, so I figured just go for it!). I don't know yet whether I will wear wigs, scarves or hats.... the wig did get a little itchy even with my own hair still on my head so it might be for occasions when I fancy it and most of the time I go down the head scarf route. I feel as ready as I can be for that side of things and am prepared as much as I could be. I have my baby shampoo ready and will just see how it goes... those who see me every day may see me looking a little fluffy for a while as I wont be able to put products in it to stop it sticking up.
Sunday, 7 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So you got to go to Ikea after all! Very brave of you to try out the wig when there may have been 'sales scraps' going on - someone may have got more than they bargained for!
I think your new hair cut looks fab; you must be one of those very lucky people who can pull off any kind of hair style (if you'll pardon the pun which was entirely unintentional)!
Hope the first chemo treatment goes smoothly on Tuesday.
Zoe
Post a Comment