Wednesday, 10 January 2007

Yuk! I don't much like it! nausea set in around hollyoaks last night (I don't think it was anything to do with the programe or gag-inducing acting). So I spent the evening curled in bed fending off waves of nausea. I had one bout of serious vommiting but the rest of the time it was just a constant feeling of on the edge of sickness and not wanting to move incase it sent me off. But, in truth it was probably much like a really really bad hangover and I have had a fair few of those before and still gone back for more :) I did feel bad at one point when James came in with a bowl of pasta I had requested for tea - only to be sent straight back out again because the food smell made me feel bad. I also had to send him out when he came back later because he smelt of food too! that was a bit sad :( I managed to get a pretty good nights sleep and woke up feeling ok. Still not feeling quite right and have low level nausea but I have kept down tea, toast and anti-sickness meds so far! last night the vommiting happened shortly after having the anti-sickness drugs which was probably a bit counter-productive. I have James here to care for me (i.e be at me bec-and-call and he is oh, so good at it!!!) and am planning the day in bed sleeping, which I might go and get on with now! But generally spirits are perky at the mo even if my body isn't!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you may as well drink a bottle of champagne every day if you're going to feel hungover anyway! You are a very brave soldier! Non-toxic hugs,
Sarah xx

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwwww! Hope you start to feel better soon, Sarah M xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn

Having suffered with nausea regularly for a variety of reasons I have to say that the most effective remedy I have come across is sniffing lemons. Sounds mad, but if you scrape the peel of a lemon and hold it under your nose for a while it can help. It can also make you look a bit weird when you are on the bus, but worth a go!

SF

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it works, but apparently holding something cold on the back of the neck can help to reduce nausea. Though that might give you arm-ache instead!
ZS

Unknown said...

You should also keep us up to date on CSI.....ive never seen it, would make a nice distraction from work to read about it! plus im sure you would like to write about some else to distract you :)

Anonymous said...

thinking of you dawny. well if it feels like a hangover 'hair of the dog' as they say. just stay snuggled in pjs and warm duvet mmm.
Lil sis x

Em said...

Reading the other suggestions reminded me of the acupressure stuff that's supposed to work on seasickness - can't say I've tried it though! (You can get wristbands etc or just apply finger pressure).
Ginger's supposed to be good to - so what I reckon you want is something like the advert at the moment with the postman with a string of chillies around his nose, but with half a lemon and slices of ginger !! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello sweetie!!

Feel sorry for you but think you are soooo brave too. Good to hear that James is doing the dutiful husband thing. I guess our Brighton remedy for a hangover is not an option here?? (MacDonalds for breakfast...) Hang in there!!

Julie says 'hi'
XX Han

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn,

Just been catching up with everything on the the blog.
I have to say the new haircut looks fab. :)
Have been at home this morning having a man looking at my guttering (oo-er missus) and I have to say daytime tv wasn't too bad..a very interesting documentary on the history of kitkats on channel 4!!
Thinking of you and hope you are surviving the toxic hangovers.

Lisa
x

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)