Friday, 12 January 2007
I'm Surviving
Well, I have got through the last few days ok - it's just a case of buckling down and putting up with it really. Nothing as bad as the first night of sickness. I have just been feeling tired and a little queasy and slightly under-the-weather. Haven't done anything much and I am taking it all a bit slower than usual and am managing to eat ok. I am finding it difficult to take on all the fluids I need to flush the drugs through tho. Last night my insides started aching and sharp cramps set in my tummy. So I have been curled up in fetal positions with a nice hot water bottle most of the time since then. I haven't had any problems getting a good nights sleep despite all this so I guess that is important. They do say that your first one is usually easier to tolerate than subsequent cycles but I will just have to play that one by ear. Nothing else much to report. I am finding I have a lovely pink flush to my cheeks most of the time and my scalp is starting to get a little itchy. I've been told it could be 3 weeks until I notice any hair loss, but I must admit the itchy scalp is not filling me with confidence. I am planning on spending the weekend much as I have been doing so far. Next week is the time when my immune system may start to take a battering and so I have to take a bit more care regarding infections, so lots of hand washing and care when preparing food etc. But I will be back into the hospital at day 10 to have my Nadir (low-point) blood counts taken which should give them an idea as to how my immune system is responding. So its just a case of waiting and seeing how things pan out from now on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Good on yer' girl! We all love you to bits
Hi Dawn,
Sorry to hear you are feeling so groggy with the medicine - Hope you start to feel a bit better soon ... We are thinking of you lots!!
Love from Sarah M (and Rob too) xxx
Post a Comment