3 Months.... that's how long I have known I have had breast cancer. I promise I won't always come on here and list how long it has been- sympathy might wear thin... but 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years are all going to be pretty important disease-free milestones from now on (although whether I will ever be able to say that I am disease free I am not so sure - I don't think it really works like that... disease free for now I guess). Anyway, whatever it might throw at me again in the future I will just do exactly the same as now and fight it tooth and claw! so nerrr! There is no doubt I will be having a big 40 (scary!).
It is hard to believe it has only been 3 months... I am completely different at this point now though. I don't cry now. Looking back on the first month I have to admit I cried quiet a bit.. mainly on my poor unsuspecting work colleagues. Now I am pretty sorted about the whole disease thing if I do say so myself (although occasionally when I have to face another thing or make another decision it seems like it's all a bit much - but that ain't that often). It certainly feels like it has been so much longer though.
This time round I have quickly got over "Guilt Monday" as I am going to be calling Day 6 from now on. I sat down and told myself that these drugs in my system are making my hair fall out and destroying my blood cells so I think a little sitting around and taking care of myself is not all that selfish really.. besides if I get up too quickly I go dizzy). Since then I have picked up no end (in part due to the make up I must confess) but today has been another good day. I have had some reflexology from a lady in the village... ummmm relaxing foot massage..... I have made a bumper batch of winter veg soup (a triumph).... I have tried a bit of work... I have fitted in a little rest and time to read a few pages of a book. So all in all have managed to fill up the day very successfully without too much fatigue. Roll on the weekend.
Wednesday, 7 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment