Thursday, 15 February 2007

Complementary Therapies

This week I have been trying out complementary therapies, with varying degrees of success.

Firstly Reiki....the laying of hands on certain points of the body to generate a healing energy in the body..... or something like that! hummmmm.... not entirely sure its for me.

At the very least it is a nice 45 minutes relaxation to nice soft music and can't do any harm... and I did feel heat from her hands... but I don't think it really worked for me on this occasion. It might have something to do with the fact that I went in there feeling pretty rotten and so came out pretty drained too (a look in the mirror confirmed this!!!). Or it could be due to the fact that I had trouble relaxing my mind. But I don't think that was entirely my fault - just as I was reaching a nice state of relaxation my focus was bought back the the room when the lady belched!!!! yes, belched and twice... we both ignored the fact and just carried on. But for now I don't think Reiki is for me.

Later in the week I tried another session of Reflexology and this I have to say is very nice. On this occasion the pressure was a little harder which was still quite nice, I felt she was doing something as well as just massaging my feet. I came out feeling much more energised and whether it was this or just the fact that I have been taking a bit more care of myself as the week progressed, but my energy levels have definitely been picking back up. I had an initial drop at the start of the week when I didn't take my own advice on board and attempted a little too much on Monday (I didn't think it was too much at the time) and then flopped as a result.... so I really, really, really have to remember that next time! But, I will be signing myself up to regular reflexology from now on.

1 comment:

Em said...

I tried a bit of Reiki once - my American Dr said it helped her out with her IBS, so I gave it a try in combination with a fairly strenuous tummy massage. I'm not sure which helped more but something did and I've had less problems since then. (I suspect it was the nice, non-belching, lady pulling my intestines about to be honest!).
Reflexology sounds good though, feet are a seriously neglected part of the anatomy!
Glad things are going better for you this cycle!

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)