I've just come across these figure... dunno how they make me feel... but I thought they were interesting.
Risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer up to the age of 30: 1 in 1,900
(guess that makes me bloody unlucky, but not as unlucky as I would have thought I suppose)
Risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer up to the age of 25: 1 in 15,000 (I know of a lovely girlie who's only 22 so that's even unluckier).
(risk up to 40: 1 in 200)
(risk up to 50 : 1 in 50)
and 8 out of 10 breast lumps are benign.
For completeness and the scientist in me Source: The Lavender Trust
Thursday, 22 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
yup thatl be me unluckyest girl ever :( xx
More stats:
Incidence of breast cancer lower in Asia than Europe and North America - principly due to environmental factors (so if someone from Asia moves to Europe they eventually acquire the incidence typical of the European country they have moved to)
Breast cancer is the commonest cancer in women, 1:11 will develop it at some time in their life
1% of all breast cancer occurs in men
SK
Scientist reply:
Is that for men and women, or just women, out of interest?
Just seen the new counter and pics :)
Is Sy jealous that she's not on there?
Post a Comment