Friday, 29 June 2007

Leaving the poison behind....

Well, I have made it through the slump of Thursday and I am oh so close to making it through the aches of Friday. If I am honest, if that hadn't been the last one I am not sure I could have taken many more - boy how they had built up.

But, I can now say;
Goodbye achy back
Goodbye achy tingly big toe and numb feet
Goodbye sore shoulder blade muscles (you don't realise how many muscles your body has till they individually ache ;-D)
Goodbye sore nails
Goodbye yucky icky chemo feeling - "the fuggyness"
Goodbye to eating lots (well, OK that one is likely to stay put for some time yet)

Hello to the joys of washing my hair
Hello to the chore of shaving my legs
Hello to having energy in my tired-old bones once more

And finally .... a big hello to resuming my champagne habit!

I am off to spend a week of full-on recuperation at my folks, so I will be back here in time for the start of my Radiotherapy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray hooray hooray! Well done Dawn! Bring on the champagne! --Kathryn in Saskatoon

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the champagne habit is to return!! Well done you :-) xxx

Anonymous said...

Well done Dawn, have a good rest and enjoy yourself. Chris& Angie

Jo said...

Well done you!!! Finished, woohoo!!

Unknown said...

Hooray! So glad you are leaving the aches and pains behind. Look forward to helping you out with that champagne habit....
Lots of love
Marianne xx

Anonymous said...

Hello!!

I hope you will be spoilt rotten by your mum and dad. You deserve it!!

Thinking of you,
Love, Han

The Knit Nurse said...

Congratulations Dawn! I'm so pleased for you. Hope you're having a lovely relaxing week. x

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Goodbye to feeling rubbish... Hello to years and years and years of healthy happiness, Jo xxx

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am so glad you are at this point! Good luck with the radiotherapy - pop in to level 4 when you are in!

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Sarah

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)