Monday, 4 June 2007

Radio Ga Ga

Not only is the end of chemo now in sight, but so is the next stage. I have a date to start my Radiotherapy. I don't know all that much about it or what I am getting because up till now I have been concentrating on getting through the chemo first.

What I do know is that I am due to go for a 2 hour planning session on June 20th where they will "size me up" and give me my dot tattoos which will be used to line up the machine for the X-rays to be given in the correct place each time. I will then start my first session on the 9th July. I will need to go for 10min of Zapping every weekday (I have weekends off) for 4 weeks. I am not looking forward to this as I have an hours drive there and back in order to do this each day.

So at least now I can have some idea of how my summer will pan out. So I expect to be finishing the Radiotherapy mid-August I guess. (I've then just got 2-5 years of hormone therapy and I will be done!). So I am going to have the biggest end of treatment party in September because if getting through 6 months of chemo and 1 month of Radio isn't going to be something to celebrate, then I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Dawn. All our love Chris & Angie

Anonymous said...

Bring on the party, can't wait! Another excuse to drink more bubbly, you're going to be a right lush by the end of all this ;-) Seriously though it's so good that the end's in sight, what a relief to have come through it all. If you can deal with all of this you can deal with anything now! Love Jo xx

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)