Friday, 13 July 2007

1 week down, just 3 to go!

Yay, I've finished my first week of Rads.
Doing just fine :-D

Although the side effects are not suppose to set in until the second week I am feeling a little tight in the area and feel like I have a ping pong ball in my armpit at times... the nurse said this could be the effects of the rads on scar tissue from the op that removed my lymph nodes from there.... but equally it could just be me imagining it and waiting for something to happen.

The week has gone well and I am getting into the routine. James has driven me for some, I've driven myself for some, I've stayed at a friends near the hospital for some - so its just flown. I've also been really shattered at times this week, I don't yet think this is a side effect of the radiotherapy but more that I haven't picked up energy-wise since the end of chemo. Apart from that I am having to apply emollient cream to the treatment area morning and night. I now have the most supremely moisturised right breast!

The treatments themselves are uneventful. Apart from one day where we had an hours waiting around I have been straight in-and-out. The most eventful thing to the treatments so far has been today when I had to suppress a fit of giggles to stay perfectly still during my treatment. The nurses played Kylie Minogue "I Should Be So Lucky" into the room. I tell you - how are you supposed to stay still when the desire to sing along is soooo strong and I told the nurses so... I wasn't the first to say that today so cue the need to hold back the giggles to stay perfectly aligned. I think they have done it on purpose. At least now I know how long it takes to get zapped - The whole duration of Kylie's "I Should Be So Lucky" and the first half of Mel and Kim's Respectable!

So that's my week really!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds much more acceptable than the chemo, glad you're getting into a routine and dealing with everything so well. Sounds like the worst is well and truley over now, Jo xx

Anonymous said...

Really pleased to hear that the radiotherapy is uneventful so far, and I hope that it continues that way. Just 3 short weeks to go - hurrah!

ZS xx

Jo said...

The tiredness could be the rads kicking in... Don't underestimate it's power, that buzzing noise has some kick to it!!

Glad it's going well :)

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)