Friday, 3 August 2007

Give the girl an Oscar.

Well, I have reached it! It is my last one.

I am feeling quite excited about getting what will hopefully be my last ever hospital-based hard-core treatment. I cannot guarantee that I won’t feel a bit emotional later on. But, with Kylie to sing to, I can hopefully get through the last treatment without a blub (tears of happiness obviously).

Gosh, I have made it. It wasn't all that bad! (Ha ha I can say that now!).

I count myself so lucky that I have had so many people there to support me through it. A great family who have treated me just like the same old Dawn. Only my brother could continue to take the piss out of me and get away with it, and I love him all the more for it too! Laughter being the best medicine and all that. I also have very special friends who realised how important it was for me to have something to look forward to and who visited me and took me out of the house! I know so many people who’s outlook on life has been changed knowing what I have been through and that can only be a good thing. You never know what’s round that corner!

A week on Sunday it will be my 1st Wedding Anniversary too. The last year has been both the best and the worst year of my life. I am so glad that I have been married throughout all this. It really makes a difference to say “My husband will be taking me to chemo” and “My husband will be coming to the appointment with me”. James has helped me get through this more than anyone could imagine. Little did we know on 12th August last year when we made vows to support each other through life how poignant they would turn out to be. He has been there at every doctor’s appointment, held my hand through every chemo treatment, kept my spirits up when they could have been down and just been the best husband a girl could ask for. I am not going to apologise for getting all soppy here, I am so proud of him and that he has supported me through everything, cared for me when I needed it and kept things running while having to work harder than ever. It hasn’t been easy but he has been my rock and I am sure we could face whatever the future may bring together. I love him now more than ever before!

Wow, this has almost turned into an Oscar acceptance speech, Gwyneth Paltrow eat your heart out! After I finish typing this post I will be heading off to get that last zapping and I better go now before I start blubbing all over my laptop!

Whippppeeeeeeeeeeee!

And Yes, I will be having a glass of champagne tonight!

(and next weekend too when James and I have our “Exclusive-for-two” Hot-air balloon ride arranged for us by a cancer charity to celebrate the end of treatment and our anniversary, but more info on that should the weather hold out for it to go ahead).

No comments:

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)