
Well, I have just had the most wonderful anniversary ever!!!
James and I went away to the beautiful Peak District. We spent a day near Bakewell going for a little walk/rock scramble and then, after a long fabulous lunch at the Druids Inn in Birchover, we relaxed in the sun by the river at Bakewell Showground.
However, these were not the main attractions and reasons for going. Obviously it was our Balloon ride! The weather conditions prevented our morning flight, however, we were able to reschedule it for Sunday evening and after spending most of the weekend trying to second guess the weather conditions and whether we would fly, all systems were go in the end - Hoorah!
Riding High!
The balloon ride was just the most fantastic experience ever. I can't begin to tell you, but I will have a good go! We got stuck right in helping to inflate the balloon and set it all up ready for our "Exclusive for Two" flight. Then it was jump in and lift off. Take off was a really funny sensation, like being on a huge open air elevator that went very high and very quick. I loved the feeling, it felt really smooth and safe being up there.
We first flew over the peak district and Chatsworth house and then the wind carried us over the rooftops of Chesterfield. We flew pretty low over the houses and I felt like royalty gliding over and waving hello to the people below.

The landing was real good fun and the basket ended up on its side so we felt we had a real balloon experience. No bruises as I had James to hold on to and protect me (i.e cushion my fall!)

All in all it was just amazing (have I said that already!!!). It is all thanks to a wonderful peak-district based charity called Challenge Cancer Through Adventure. They arranged it all for me and covered all the costs and even turned up to get stuck in with the balloon inflating. I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate it. Also, the wonderful Dragon Balloon Company folk who took us up into the air. I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks everyone from James and I!


8 comments:
Sorry I am a day late in wishing you both a very happy 1st wedding anniversary! The balloon ride looks fabulous, thanks for the photos. Glad that the weather worked out - you both deserve a treat. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Lots of love
marianne xx
I'm glad to see things are working out.
I am on old friend of Jim's and actually came to your weeding (briefly).
Just to show you that things do work out:
Since your wedding Stephanie (my wife) had an unexplained swelling in her throat that led to an emergency tracheotomy.
The swelling was benign but obviously in a dangerous place. It has not come back since being cut out.
The moral being:
Shit does happen but shit often works out.
Looks great, love to you both, see you soon Chris & Angie
Wow! That looks amazing. Glad you managed to get up there. Sunday's weather was pants here.
Glad you both had a fabulous time :o)
Continue to relax and recuperate
Marie x
Wow - what an experience!
Woohoo on the first of many anniversaries! The balloon trip looks fantastic. If you feel like a trip to New Mexico in October I'll happily take you to the HUGE ABQ event... although would need to get up about 3am for the
Dawn Patrol...
(or http://www.balloonfiesta.com/ for all else)
Tell me your flight details and I'll even pick you up from the airport. ;-)
Rob
Looks like you had an amazing weekend - you sure as hell deserve it. Hope you both had a fab anniversary - can't believe it's been a year already. Hopefully see you both before another one passes!
Love Sara x
Post a Comment