Thursday, 13 September 2007

All is not lost...

I've been into work today and had a 3 hour lab meeting talking hard-core science. Phew my brain hurt. All might not be lost on the old paper publishing front and when I get back to work I can focus on finding out what data I've got and throwing myself into getting a paper published too.
Anyway, today reassured me that it was good to get back into work and think about work things. Admittedly my 3 hour science marathon meant that I had to come home and do a 2 hour sleep-a-thon. Not to worry, it's just a tired week this week - anyone would think I've had a big party or something.
I am due to start back properly the first week of October and have arranged to start on 2 days a week.
Hmmmm now just 2 weeks left of rest and recuperation.... I better get started.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats better, the paper thing is a small blip, your data will get published, now go on holiday and stop thinking about work!
BW
Leigh

The Knit Nurse said...

I'm glad you enjoyed thinking about work. I know you've missed quite a bit but things really don't go that quickly in research.

A two day week sounds good too. Going straight from the summer holidays into full time work has been extremely tiring for me and my body's not replacing lots of cells.

Anonymous said...

YAY Dawn it will be so cool to have you back here again!
Sarah M xx

Anonymous said...

At long last got internet access again!! What GREAT news that you are on th eway back to work and had such a fantastic party. Keep up the good work sunshine xx

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)