I have been in to see the Occupational Health doctor today who advises on my fitness to work and my scheduled return to work. Today was a bad day to arrange to do this as I am SHATTERED this week (for obvious post-party reasons) and so when he asked lots of questions about how I was feeling, I answered all the wrong answers and it came across as though I was still an invalid and pretty tired-out by daily tasks.
He advised me I shouldn't be too optimistic about getting back to work before Nov/Dec time. By the end of the appointment I was almost shaking him and saying "look how well I am, look at what I can do each day"... but by then he was already convinced.
Admittedly, there is a world of difference between pottering around the house and actually going to work. And just going in to see him today has whacked me and I have crawled my way home on the train and back to the sofa and the good old lap-top to pour out my frustration. But I have to get back on that horse sometime. I know it won't be easy but I had hoped that today we would work out a plan for what hours I should work etc. I guess the fact that I nearly felt like crying (Tamoxifen again!) at the thought of not being able to start back to work in October must mean I am pretty ready for it.
Plus I am feeling pretty depressed and don't actually know what I am going to do when I get back to work because while Dawn was away doing "breast cancer" it looks like the scientific world hasn't stood around and waited patiently for me to get better and my work has already been published in a really good journal while I have been off sick (and not by me obviously). Dammnnnation!
Wednesday, 12 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
The so-and-so's, they should have had the courtesy to put you as co-author. That once happened to me, I was gutted.
SK x
Post a Comment