Sunday, 9 September 2007

Mmmmmm, Hog!


Well, even if I do say so myself; we throw a good party!!!!!

What a wonderful day for it (almost too good as Tweed is a hot fabric to wear). I can happily announce that although my diet may consist of large quantities of meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner over the next few days, we have very few left overs from the hog roast. We managed to work our way through at least 120 Hog Rolls (not including any meat consumed in pitta, french stick or the absence of bread product). If you didn't go home from my party stuffed and unable to eat another thing then you didn't enter into the spirit of it quite franky :) My good husband selflessly consumed 7 Hog rolls! and thanks to those of you who took a hog-roll with you for the long journey home.
It really did mean so much to have so many good friends there with me and I enjoyed the party so much. I did even shed an emotional tear when the last person left the next day after having so many of you pop back round to consume even more of the meat for us.
Thanks to the little team of "My B*tches" who continued all the little jobs which needed finishing once I had excitedly got distracted by something else.
For those who had to leave before the best costume prize-giving ceremony, the results were as follows;


Best Townie was awarded to Moira for the maximum amount of burberry one person can wear (you enjoy that Lambrini!)




Joint winners of Best Country were Zoe (Scarecrow) and "The Cows"











Best Fusion by a clear margin of course went to Dave and Ben.





I also have a cheeky late-breaking prize announcement












"The Lord and Lady of the Manor"












8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to see you (looking so fabulous in your pearls!) on Saturday Dawn. We agree, you do know how to throw a good party! Joe slept the whole way home which was a shame really, there were signs to some sort of Landrover exhibition on the A1 and we had to go straight past it!
Cassie, Steve and Joe xx

Anonymous said...

I second that, fabulous PARTY!!!
Had a great time, nice to meet all of your friends :o)
Enjoy your holiday - Lord and Lady of the Manor!!!
Marie x

Anonymous said...

Dear Dawn,
we had a lovely time and agree you two Party Hard!!
In our tired and knackered stated, we manged to forget our Prize at your house! Hope you have a fabulous break.
Hope to see you soon
Leigh & Sarah (aka 'the Cows')
xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a fabulous party - you are the Hostess with the Mostess (hog)!!
Hope you have recovered from it now!
xxx

Anonymous said...

your party was a real hit! we really enjoyed it x
and mum is pleased with her share of hog.

Me said...

A party is only as good as it's guest list - so it's all thanks to you guys !

Since the party and clean up operation I have mainly been sleeping, soaking in the bath and eating Hog!

I am about to have a nice hot pork lunch and after that (the final 160th portion) the meat is gone. Oh, there was one Lamb joint which is now cut in half and frozen for James and I to enjoy and reheat for a sunday lunch sometime.

Dawn x

Anonymous said...

LOVE the lord and lady of the manor photo - a perfect summary of the party methinks! Thanks for a fabulous party, and sorry (again) about leaving a trail of hay around your house. I think I must have been over-stuffed ;-)

The scarecrow
xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time.. :)
....and the Lord and Lady of the Manor photo is very entertaining...!

xx

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)