Tuesday, 27 November 2007

I'm oh so tired!

I'm struggling.

I just feel so exhausted all the time these days. Today it's 12 o'clock and I've just woken up and I will probably spend much of today in my PJ's. I am working Monday, Thursday and Friday which gives me Tuesday and Wednesday to recuperate mid week. I need it; a simple overnight sleep doesn't seem to recharge my batteries these days.
I seem to be finding it harder mentally to deal with than going through much of chemo (I am sure it probably isn't but that's how I am feeling right now). My body just isn't living up to my expectations and won't do even the simplest things... like staying awake on my second day in work on the trot on Fridays - I end up a walking zombie on these days with my eyes so sore, tired and squinty. Monday and Thursday's at least I can function - all be it sleepily, but Fridays I literally have closed my eyes and almost fallen asleep while walking into work. Now that's just weird!

I watched the Kylie documentary this weekend. Miss Minogue started her tour about 5 months from where I am now (so I have a few months reprieve yet before needing to start my own world tour!). It was reassuring to see even Miss Minogue got tired; she fell asleep on a rug straight after her first tour and the way she described how tired her body was at that point just rang so true. She described that time as a battleground with her own body - oh how I feel like that... mentally I am up for getting back on track but physically I am not quite managing it. It's just getting me so down.

I just have a couple of weeks left of battling on and then I go to San Fransisco and then it's Christmas and then I will be better! I WILL be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it easy sweetheart, time IS the great healer. Lots of love C & A

The Knit Nurse said...

You will be better Dawn. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Anonymous said...

Don't lose heart Dawn, you WILL get your strength back, you've just gotta be patient.

San Francisco eh! Well that's something to look forward to. I did a shoot there beginning of this yr and absolutely LOVED it. I'll email you some cool stuff to do!

Jo xxx

Anonymous said...

So sorry you were struggling. It is early days though, you shouldn't feel guilty about giving your body time to recover from a year of unimaginable strain. Hope the travel to SF was ok and you felt up to some shopping and cocktail-drinking. xx

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)