I've been discharged from the oncologist.
"Go away - we don't want to see you again!"
Yippeeeeeeee. I am going to be followed up by my breast team and the lovely Mr Turton breast surgeon. I will next see him at the end of Feb and then I expect it will be 6-monthly/yearly from then on, with the obligatory yearly mammograms of course. But this years mammo was clear; no sign of recurrance. Jolly good.
I am picking up energy-wise as well. I have been using my recuperation days to go for small swims and I think it is making all the difference - it has been noticed that I am not so comatose in the evenings and am walking with a bit more of a spring in my step - including tackling the stairs at work! I still am pooped by my days in work, but they are working really well being alternate days. I am relucatant to increase this just yet because I would then have to sacrifice the exercise and I think that is helping me get better and it is really important to me. So slowly but surely I will get there. I still have my low days (like yesterday my limbs were tired and I hardly had energy to pick my feet up by the end of the day) but they are getting fewer and I am sure there will come a point where I just don't think about it.
Tuesday, 5 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Hi Dawn,
Fantastic news! Have been eagerly awaiting the next post, like may of your 'fans' no doubt, and really pleased to hear that the oncologists have discharged you, and that the recent mammogram was clear. The swimming sounds great too. I am a firm believer that exercise gives you more energy ( and most importantly allows you to eat what you like!)
Lots of love and hope to see you soon
marianne xx
You have a breast team? Do they have a kit? Go team!
Good news about the mamogram and the oncologist. Glad you're feeling a bit perkier. Spring is around the corner.
Congratulations! xx
Hurraaaaaaah!!!
I was wondering when the results would come in. Am sooo pleased for both of you!
Great to hear your energy levels are picking op too. Such a star you are!
LOL, X Han
YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah M x
Dawn that is fantastic news! I am so pleased for you.
SFx
Post a Comment