I've just had a quote for travel insurance for my summer holiday to the Canadian Rockies. I thought I would see what both a single trip and annual policy would cost.
Only £18 for the single policy................... plus £456 to cover for breast cancer!
An annual policy was £1200 premium on top.
This is the company that I have gone to in the past who have previously been great with breast cancer inclusions - but they now have a new underwriter.
OK, so next port of call another company recommended by my online breast buddies and oh look at that..... after going through their medical screening they won't insure me for anything arising breast cancer related.
last port of call... insure pink (the bc friendly insurers). Their basic online quote for a 2 week policy was £70, but yay they cover breast cancer in that!
so do I pay £70 and cover every eventuality, or exclude the breast cancer. I think in this case I am going to pay the £70 to give me peice of mind.
Wednesday, 25 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Really hard choice,this one,Dawn.You'll have to give it a lot of thought Chris & Angie
How much would it cost for you to fly home if anything BC-related happened?
And how likely is it that something will arise which is so urgent that it needs treatment whilst you are away AND is bc-related?
Tough call. I'd run the risk and not get BC cover, but that's just me.
PS - my mum and aunty encounter the same problem - they take the risk and have got away with it thus far.
SK x
I would pay the money, but then I'm the kind of person who never gets a bargin. I'd rather spend the money and feel more relaxed on holiday.
Hx
Definitely definitely definitely get cover - these insurance people are really tricky and if you make a claim that they can link to bc in any random way possible they will. (If you fall ill they may end up saying it's a side-effect of the treatment you've had, and it's really hard to prove that sort of thing wrong or right) It's not worth the risk! Jo x
Hi Dawn, Not that you want to risk it, but there is a reciprocal agreement with Canada and Britain. I had free medical care when travelling in the UK.
(However, you will be in Alberta, which is super-capitalist, so even the people who live there have to pay for health care! You've made the right decision.)
Post a Comment