
I'll tell you what was a shocker - seeing myself on the front cover of the magazine alongside the title "My honeymoon shocker in the SHOWER". I didn't see that one coming. Well actually that's not quite true, I had joked that I might be on the front cover and could you imagine the headline... "my honeymoon horror" - turns out I wasn't that far from reality.
It's good to see that I am alongside such quality articles as;
"Hacked to death as I slept in the next room"
"Broke cos my fat friend was living as me"
....and my number one favorite
"Labour horror - I pushed so hard I blew up!"
Genius!!!
It's quite funny to read about myself in an article that I haven't written.... I think my favorite line in the whole bit is about my wedding day and is as follows;
"I'd sailed down the isle. It sounds so corny, but I felt like a princess"
he he.
and I just love the part where it says;
"James was great. He'd dish up pasta when I felt well enough to eat and kept the house clean" as if a man would never, unless his wife was mortally sick, do the cleaning!!!
Actually, I am happy because my charity bit to promote Breakthrough's 5K run was left in the article, and I was able to plug 2 great charities (Breast Cancer Care and Breakthrough) so I have done my job and I can hold my head up high for those very reasons. And I now know that things are going to turn out alright for me, because Pick me Up says I am clear of cancer and have the rest of my life to look forward to! Don't you love a story with a happy ending.
hmmmm I may now have wet your appetite to read it - doh, that was a mistake! You will find me in doctors waiting rooms up and down the country.


3 comments:
It is a relief to learn that I am right to take stories in such magazines with a pinch of salt! Your insight into the workings of 'Pick Me Up' has restored my faith that there aren't quite so many weirdos out there as at least I now know for sure that the subject is not exactly quoted verbatim!
I'm going to go and see if there are any copies still available in the shop, though I suspect I've missed it now and may well have to make a doctor's appointment just to raid the magazines in the waiting room!
ZS x
Oh I missed your 5 minutes of fame!! Is there a website I wonder... ;)
Good to see you publicising some very good causes though - well done!
Jo x
My mum bought it because you were in it. Did you know she reads your blog? She doesn't like to post messages though. I'll be having a good look at it in a couple of weeks when I visit. :)
Post a Comment