Sunday, 3 August 2008

365 days

365 days ago I posted this on my blog;


Well, there you go! it's a year since I finished treatment.

It's amazing how quick you forget what it was like to be on treatment. I caught up with my friend's blog who is back on chemo. I read all about the little side effects, the little things you forget and I have to remind myself how far I have come. There was a day when a 5 minute walk to the local shop was way too much for me. Now I am excited about going walking in the Rockie mountains soon.

I have had a good few months where I have almost allowed myself to forget about this cancer thing. I didn't think I would get to a stage where what has happened to me wasn't shaping every thought and action. But, I got there and it is nice. Work has been occupying me. I haven't been thinking about it that much. I am just normal me again. I am looking like me again as well. I am never to know how long things will remain this way I guess, but I am getting quite good at neatly pushing thoughts like that into a far corner of my brain.

This weekend I have got a bit of a throat and ear infection. So not much is happening here. I might go and watch a DVD and cuddle the cats.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it your 1 year anniversary since treatment ended today? If so, yayyy, congrats, a nice milestone to celebrate. SK x

Anonymous said...

Good for you Dawn, take care of yourself and get rid of that bit of throaty stuff ready for your Holiday. All our love Chris & Angie

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary!! Hope you have a fab time can't wait to hear about your walks in the Rockies and see the pics :-) xx

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)