On Wednesday I made a victoria sponge and some cupcakes. After a very successful first attempt the previous week (with free range eggs that my mum's chickens had laid), this week my cake was a bit of a flop. To make matters worse I sent it into work with James to share round. Doh! oh well not much of it came home so I guess it couldn't have tasted that bad.

I have had a first bash at the icing of cupcakes (I only made a handful of cakes). This needs a lot of perfecting and I am going to look into rolling out thick icing to loop over into pink ribbons rather than icing them. But as this is the first time I have really ever iced anything you have to start somewhere.
However, it has convinced me that I need to practice this skill. Especially if I am to be making them for the WI!
I have decided that my work collegues would be excellent candidates as taste testers over the coming weeks. Plus if I leave some in the kitchens at work with a collection tin and a note about my fundraising it will start to get the word out. Killing two birds with one stone.
I have contacted Breast Cancer Care and I have a fundraising pack coming to me which I am quite excitedly awaiting the arrival of. This will contain collections tins, banners, balloons, posters and pins. Everything a budding fundraiser could need.
I have also got a second event lined up in the next village. I can have a stall on Easter weekend at Gargrave flea market. Woo hoo! I am therefore going to be going to do "Market Research Phase 2" on Sunday to check out what goes on at these events and whether I will be able to make some money for the charity this way (I would have to hire this table for a small fee).


2 comments:
It may have been flat but everyone had a bit and some had seconds. Personally I liked it!
Cake pics look excellent Dawn - three of your loop bands are excellent for first time. As you say, practice makes perfect, but I bet they will all go down a treat!
Angie & Chris XX
Post a Comment