My scales may not be accurate!!! shock horror, this development could throw the baking into
jeopardy. I am not sure if it is just today because the batteries are flashing up as "Lo", but I know they are dodgy as on measuring out 100g of apricots to go into my experimental "Runners
Oaty Nut Bars" (rocket fuel for
James's running), I managed to add in nearly the entire of a 250g bag of said apricots. Somethings not quite right. In true Dawn style, I decided that this would not
adversely affect the process and proceeded full steam ahead. The bars are now out of the oven and cooling and only time will tell later as to whether they have come out unaffected by the
inaccuracies in measurements and stay stuck together when you pick them up.

I have also decided as this blog seems to be temporarily turning into a baking blog while things are all quite on the "cancer world" front (backed up my GPs test results that came back today saying that my liver, kidney, bone markers, anemia, blood glucose and thyroid tests are all normal. The upshot of these results being that we can conclude that I am just feeble and lazy and have no underlying reason to be a bit tired!). Anyway this afternoon I am going to do the very exciting task of getting the recipes for the cakes I have done so far up on the blog.
3 comments:
Hi Dawn, keep going with the cakes, they look super- but next time we see you we will have to have the taste-test. Don't forget there will be some "non-cakey" dosh for the fund from us in due course ! Loadsaluv. Chris & Angie
Maybe it's time to switch to recipes that measure everything in cups? You don't need batteries for your cups to be accurate! (Just to clarify, I'm NOT referring to brassiere cups!)
ZS x
Hello, Thanks to your fantastic blog 'labels' I managed to make the gingerbread this morning. It is sooo yummy. Doesn't look anywthing like as good as yours (maybe because i iced it before it was cool, and then cut it too soon...) but it still tastes good and several Leicester-ites agree :) I have also attempted Baileys muffins again (reading the recipe properly this time!) but can you remind me how you modified the icing to make it tastier? x
Post a Comment