Wednesday, 29 April 2009

The Marathon In Pictures.

(click any photo to make bigger)

THE DAY BEFORE
The Wall (not the one they hit at 20 miles... the message wall). We found you Phil/Leigh!



AND THEY ARE OFF!
Waiting expectantly at cheering point 1.....



wait for it.... wait for it.... he's gone.....


(if you are this annoying woman in the way - I am cursing you, I am cursing you!), unless you are also a bcc supporter in which case... GO BREAST CANCER CARE!

and here is the support team in full-on cheering mode for another Breast Cancer Care runner....



CHEERING POINT 2
Hopefully, the BCC team has snatched a photo of James at cheering point 2 - I was too busy stealing that "Keep going kiss" and all I managed on the photo front was this....


A leprechaun and a nun and James's trainers sporting his champion chip!

Never mind, onto point 3.

EMBANKMENT
Breast Cancer Care did a good job of spotting him and taking a great thumbs up photo



again, all I stole was a kiss.... but as I was there as a supporter that was my job.
Then onto the finish line and meeting him at the Post race reception.

IT'S OVER - YOU MADE IT!

Excitement (me) and relief (James)....... and again another kiss... all these public displays of affection, shocking!



Then there are the support teams (I am not sure why I am so proudly holding a bit of cake!!!!!!!)




And finally My Hero!!!!



I was just so proud as punch, and still am buzzing 3 days on.

****************************************************************
To read how the day went for James, go to James's Marathon Blog
****************************************************************



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,

Hope you have both recovered from the excitement/stress of the marathon. What a great achievement from both of you - well done. Also some very touching words, especially in James's blog - they really put the whole thing into context.
Was also pleased to see another outing for the Mrs Wild T-shirt - matched James's vest perfectly!
lots of love
Marianne x

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)